We are looking for a Master Tile Setter to build and run our Tile division. This position would be perfect for an individual who has a small tile business looking for a great opportunity to grow something big without having to deal with all the estimating and administration paper work. We have the staff to take care of all the time consuming paperwork, insurance and estimating so you can do what you do best, TILE! This is a salary position with bonuses. If you are looking for a better financial future, then you owe it to yourself to talk with us!
This position is for a Master Tile Setter.
- Cut tiles and shape them properly to ensure they fit around obstacles and in tight corners and odd spaces using power and hand tools
- Form tile beds using concrete, plaster, mastic, cement, glue or mortar utilizing tools such as screeds, brushes and trowels
- Align tiles and straighten them with straightedges, levels and squares to ensure patterns are even and precise
- Cut, install, polish and surface granite and marble and ensure accuracy during the installation process for lasting results
- Prepare various surfaces for tiling with waterproofing material or lath and by cleaning the surfaces properly
- Create decorative wall and floor designs by laying and setting mosaic tiles in kitchens, bathrooms and living rooms
- Tap tiles into place carefully using tools to properly adhere tiles to the base, making sure not to break or damage tiles
- Follow blueprints precisely and mark and measure surfaces that need to be tiled to determine how to go about jobs
Job Skills and Qualifications
Ability to lift heavy materials and equipment
Outstanding attention to detail
Excellent customer service skills