Journeyman Drywall Installer and Finisher
Trademark is growing and seeking multiple Journeyman Drywall Installer and Finisher. This is a great opportunity for individuals looking for a place that has consistent work, vacation, sick time, company vehicles and so much more.
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Journeyman Drywall Installer and Finisher. The responsibilities will consist of the installation, alterations, additions and/or repairs of various drywall jobs and the associated materials and equipment within the light commercial and residential construction industry.
- Read blueprints and other specifications to determine method of installation, work procedures, and material and tool requirements.
- Hang wallboard to ceilings or to interior walls of buildings using hand tools, or portable power tools. Know proper screw pattern per building codes.
- Trim rough edges from wallboard to maintain even joints, using knife.
- Install metal corner bead as needed.
- Apply coats of compound after wallboard has been hung to walls or ceiling. Smooths out imperfections with trowels.
- Sand and finish all surfaces preparing them for painting
- Must be able to match existing textures
- Maintain small tools, equipment and company vehicle.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Sick leave
- Retirement with employer match
- Paid Holidays