5-Star Rating on
Trademark is growing and seeking Journeyman Painter. This is a great opportunity for individuals looking for a place that has consistent work, vacation, sick time, company vehicles and so much more.
Painter will be responsible for selecting the correct tools and paints for projects; preparing walls and other surfaces before painting; mixing and applying paints, varnishes, and sealants for a lasting finish; covering exposed objects and surfaces; using fillers such as putty and plaster to repair cracks within the light commercial and residential construction industry.
- Cover floors and furniture with drop cloths and tarps to protect surfaces.
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, doors, doorknobs, electric outlet / switch covers, and light fixtures.
- Work and setup scaffolding and ladders.
- Fill holes and cracks with putty, plaster, or other compounds.
- Prepare surfaces by scraping, wire brushing, or sanding to a smooth finish.
- Calculate the area to be painted and the amount of paint needed.
- Apply correct primers or sealers so that the paint will adhere.
- Choose paints and stains for desired color and appearance.
- Apply paint or other finishes, using hand brushes, rollers, or sprayers. Because there are several ways to apply paint, workers must be able to choose the proper tool for each job, such as the correct roller, power sprayer, or brush.
- Scrape, Sand, Caulking, Masking, and Priming Surfaces in Preparation Paint, be able to cut in and maintain a straight line, and roll.
Qualifications and Experience
- Extension knowledge of paint products and how to apply them.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Sick leave
- Retirement with employer match
- Paid Holidays