- Hire only state-licensed contractors.
- Check a contractor’s license number online at www.cslb.ca.gov or by calling 1-800-321-2752.
- Get at least three bids
- Make sure all project expectations are in writing and only sign the contract if you completely understand the terms.
- Confirm the contractor’s workers compensation insurance policy for employees (This is very important! If the contractor has no workers comp and the employee gets hurt on your property, you could be sued). Also make sure they have liability insurance to cover any property damage.
- Never pay more than 10% down or $1000.00, whichever is less.
- Don’t let payments get ahead of the work.
– California State Contractors Board
In the age of increasing environmental awareness, energy efficiency has become a crucial aspect of homeownership. It not only reduces your carbon footprint but also significantly cuts down your utility