Journeyman Tile Setter
Trademark is growing and seeking multiple Tile Setters. This is a great opportunity for individuals looking for a place that has consistent work, vacation, sick time, company vehicles and so much more.
Tile setters are responsible for installing tiles. They cut tiles using several different tools, including tile scribes, wet saws and handheld tile cutters. They then lay tiles in evenly spread mortar, ensuring precision, clean edges and straight lines. Other duties include removing existing floor coverings, taking measurements and cleaning and leveling the surfaces where the tiles are to be laid. It is essential that tile setters are detail oriented in planning and laying tiles on floors. Their measurements must be accurate and tile patterns must be precise.
- Cut tiles properly to ensure they fit around obstacles and in tight corners and odd spaces using power and hand tools
- Form tile beds using concrete, plaster, mastic, cement, or mortar utilizing tools such as screeds, brushes and trowels
- Align tiles and straighten them with straightedges, levels and squares to ensure patterns are even and precise
- Prepare various surfaces for tiling with waterproofing material or lath and by cleaning the surfaces properly
- Create decorative wall and floor designs by laying and setting mosaic tiles in kitchens, bathrooms and living rooms
- Tap tiles into place carefully using tools to properly adhere tiles to the base, making sure not to break or damage tiles
- Follow blueprints precisely and mark and measure surfaces that need to be tiled to determine how to go about jobs
- Able to prepare, float, and tile – showers, tub surrounds, and shower pans.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Sick leave
- Retirement with employer match
- Paid Holidays